Guildford Rowing Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and requirements of British Rowing
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, that all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Guildford Rowing Club in a safe and rower-centred environment;
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in the sport of rowing, or outside of club activity.
We acknowledge that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy, we will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all club members and those learning to row at the introductory levels;
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people;
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern;
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored;
- prevent the employment and deployment of unsuitable individuals;
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
This policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved at Guildford Rowing Club. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal or exclusion from the Club
Our core guidances can be found below.